Strawberries are in season and growing in many gardens this time of year. What I love about making this Simple Strawberry Shortcake Recipe is it only takes minutes to create a homemade dessert your whole family will enjoy!
What is your favorite dessert? Are you a choco-holic, love all thinks cake with lots of frosting, a pie lover or maybe cobbler is your thing? For me, strawberry desserts go as one of my top three most favorite treats! What is great about this recipe is it is also a lighter version than ones you have had before.
Ingredients for this easy strawberry shortcake recipe:
- 2 1/4 cup bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 16 Tbsp homemade whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
How to make your strawberry shortcake dessert:
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees and preheat.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and sugar together. Set the mixture aside at room temperature until liquid starts to collect in the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the liquid into a smaller bowl, set aside.You will need 1/4 cup of juice. You can press the strawberry mixture if needed.
- Meanwhile, mix together bisquick with milk and orange zest until it forms a nice cohesive dough.
- Drop a ball of mixture evenly spaced on the pan at roughly 8 heaps.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Once done split in half and top with strawberries, drizzle liquid and a dollop of whip cream. Enjoy!
There you have it friends, a strawberry cake recipe you can make in minutes that is also better for you! I hope you and yours enjoy this dessert and much as my family does! Dovidenia. XO