There is ALWAYS room for berries with delicious homemade whipping cream!
The Summer heat, family gatherings and joy of a time spent with loved ones inspired these fun, light and simple desserts. The berries and whipping cream are beautiful and the taste and textures will win anyone over for days! Who needs a NEW delicious recipe that will impress any crowd? My Berry Ambrosia Cookie Cups are the perfect addition to any gathering! This delectable treat was originally shared at Lolly Jane.
I remember playing with my cousins outside all times of the day and night in the Summer. We were lost in our imaginary world soaking up childhood. I loved picking raspberries as a child. It was a sort of “living off the land” type of event. It was so delicious and enjoyable collecting berries and eating them all before they would make it back into the kitchen. Berries whisper warm weather to my heart. I wanted to create something that when I held it in my hand it brought me back,,,just for a moment…to those sweet Summers once again. I hope you savor this one as much as I did while making them!
- fresh variety of berries
- whole whipping cream
- maple syrup
- pistachio pudding mix
- lime juice from 1 lime
- slivered almonds
- sugar cookie makings ( 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 1/4 cup butter, 2 cups white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar in a medium mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time then vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough out flat and use a circular small Pyrex bowl to form your cookie bowls.
3. For the bowls push your cut out circular dough into the inside of an oiled muffin pan.
4. Once dough is placed in the muffin tin cut off the excess cookie dough.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. While still soft take a spoon and push in and remold the cookies into bowls in the muffin pan. Bake 5 min and repeat this one more time for 20 minutes total of bake time. If your cookies settle in the bowl shape and cook well this may be achieved in a total of 15 minutes.
6. While cookie cups are cooling take 1/2 cup of whipping cream and hand whisk rapidly by hand 5-10 minutes or with a mixer 3 minutes on high or until fluffy and slightly cohesive. Mix in 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup, 1/3 package of pistachio mix and lime juice. Be careful not to over mix or it will turn into butter.
7. Lastly, fill your yummy sugar cookie cup with your homemade whip cream. Top that creamy goodness with fresh berries and slivered almonds. Enjoy!