There is something so nostalgic to me about a homemade, steaming hot Peach Cobbler with Oatmeal Topping. The aroma of simmering peaches and oatmeal with cinnamon and sugar in my home while I bake this yummy treat brings me so much comfort. I hope someday it will be a special treat my family will remember (Partly because when I find a recipe I can master….I tend to cook it A LOT! Ha!). I love being able to make something so simple, yet enjoyable for my loved ones. This recipe fulfills my “home-cookin-mama” void and will be the best peach cobbler you will ever eat!
As a young girl, Peach Cobbler was the essence of warmer weather, sunbeam kissed skin, the aroma of fresh flowers blooming and the sounds of each day ushered in with blue bird song. Peach Cobbler is special to me. This may seem silly, but this is why I want to share the best Cobbler recipe with you!
Peach Cobbler ingredients:
– 1 1/4 cup oatmeal
-1/2 c flour
-3/4-1 c brown sugar
-1 stick of butter
-pinch of salt
-sprinkles of cinnamon
-2-3 c peaches
1. Fresh or canned peaches (in their own juice) work great for this recipe. Cover the bottom of your Pyrex dish with your peaches. I used an 8 x 8″ cooking dish. I love my Pyrex cooking dishes! Check them out at the link to the right.
2. Mix the oats, flour and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3. I then add chopped up pieces of my chilled butter stick to the mixtures. I mix this with my hands forming small clumps of the mixture and butter in my hands. This forms the oat crumble topping.
4. Sprinkle topping on your peaches. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
5. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Often I will broil mine on low for 2-5 minutes to create a more crisp top.
6. Serve with a drizzle of caramel and your favorite ice cream.
Let your taste buds dance with joy with this one friends! And like I always say, “Hey, enjoy it it’s nearly the same as eating a yummy bowl of oatmeal!” A lot of great antioxidants and fiber going on in this recipe.
If you are interested in more quick and simple dessert ideas you may love my Cherry Cheesecake
! Then if you need something lighter try a salad
! Dovidenia. XO