A common goal is to improve health. As a Registered Dietitian I help people to achieve their goals and make lifestyle changes that last a life time. I am passionate about equipping people with the tools and knowledge needed to be successful in health. Dieting is NOT a success tool but I have a few ideas to share that are! Can I share them with you today while we make my Overnight Muesli Breakfast Bowl?
Diets often fail because the person is not making changes they intend to keep for life. Behavior change with healthy habits one can thrive and truly enjoy is the ticket to success in health. Often we set goals too lofty or complicated when health really starts with simple behaviors and steps we focus on one day at a time.
Here are my 5 tips for long term health:
- Make changes you can enjoy and live with long term. A big part of what drives this is internal motivation. See how staying motivated really helps in your long term health.
- Get active. As we go through life activity matters more and more. It helps us to maintain and build muscle mass which is part of the foundation to keeping your metabolism revved up. 5-Minute Exercise can even be a start!
- Get accountability. I have seen people thrive more successfully with support. We need others often to encourage us, challenge us and lift us up. Follow me at my new Instagram account dedicated solely to health, fitness and encouragment at Love.Live.Nurture as pictured below.
4. Eat real food. There are so many diets and nutrition theories out there. A great start point to improving health is reducing and avoiding most overly processed food. Fill your diet with whole grains, lean protein, healthy fats and fresh produce.
5. Start your day right. Breakfast truly is so important! I know that sounds cliche and I am not claiming to be perfect with this one, but it makes a difference! People that eat breakfast tend to consume less kcalories in the day. Starting your day with a well balanced breakfast revs your metabolism, energizes your body and is the one behavior that helps prevent poor food choices later in the day. This is why I am excited to share my Overnight Muesli Breakfast Cup recipe. I am thrilled to get to team up with Post® cereals and share the whole grain and vitamin rich goodness they offer!
- 1/4 cup grape-nuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 oz yogurt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- *optional topping: fresh diced fruit, pecans, grape-nuts and honey
Watch the video below for how to make this delicious breakfast!
There are so many components to healthy lifestyle and change! I hope this muesli recipe serves as a helpful tool to reach your goals. A healthy fruit smoothie or egg white omelet may also be great breakfast recipes you would enjoy!
Before you rush off to make this for yourself let me share a coupon to save you money for your next purchase of Post Cereal! Who loves a deal? I do!
Health in abundance with simplicity. Dovidenia. Xo