Who loves pie?! We love pie nearly every season of the year in our home. These Berry Hand Pies are so delicious and simple to make, your whole family will munch them up before they make it to the dinner table! This recipe was originally shared with my good friends at Lolly Jane.
Pie is my utmost favorite dessert besides cobbler. I love making pie for my family and friends because of its simplicity and straight up YUM factor!
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 -3 c fresh berries and cherries
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Store bought or homemade pie crust dough
Berry Hand Pie Directions:
1. Roll dough out and use a square cookie cutter to create mini pie crusts. For directions on homemade dough click here. Place in wrap or bag and store in fridge.
2. Wash and dice all fruit. Place in cooking pan and cook on low to medium heat for 10-15 min while regularly stirring mixture.
3. Add sugar, water, cornstarch and butter and stir in.
4. Final consistency should be somewhat gel like once mixture is done. Place in fridge and let cool 1-2 hours.
5. Spray cooking sheet. Remove cut dough from fridge and let rewarm to room temp as you place on sheet.
6. Fill the inside with a spoon of pie filling then top with pie crust cut out. Seal by pressing down edges with fingers.
7. Bake at 375-400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or untill golden brown.
8. Let cool and Enjoy!
What a simple recipe you can make in no time that is perfect for gatherings, special occasions and just because! If you love dessert you may also love a few more of the Simple Acres favorites:
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!