Who loves ice cream? Simple Acres man and the head “farm hand” (yes this is my husband) LOVES ice cream! I created my Instant Pot Blueberry and Raspberry Compote as a delicious recipe that makes ice cream that much better with a touch of healthy antioxidants!
The ingredients are so minimal you likely already have them at home.
Instant Pot Blueberry and Raspberry Compote
- 1 ½ cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 ½ cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup honey
If you are new to using an Instant Pot this is such a simple recipe to get yourself started and comfortable.
- Wash and dry 3 cups of blueberries and raspberries.
- Place your berries in Instant Pot.
- Add 1/3 cup of honey to your blueberries and raspberries.
- Set your Instant Pot for 3 minutes on manual with steam release closed.
- Once done allow the steam to release from valve. ( The steam/juice from the berries can spray out of the valve so be very careful as you release.) Once released open the pot and your compote is done.
- You may strain any excess liquid and blend if you would like to create more of a jam texture, otherwise leave untouched once cooked.
- Pour mixture into jars and allow to cool before covering with lid. Enjoy within 5-7 days.
Enjoy this compote on ice-cream, waffles, pancakes or oatmeal.
Makes: 2 cups
My 3 most favorite things about this Instant Pot Blueberry and Raspberry Compote is that it’s extremely easy to make, its healthy and doesn’t use table sugar and versatile and can be used in crepes or on pancakes and waffles.
If you want more help learning how to use and cook in your Instant Pot join my exclusive and private Facebook page here.