Instant Pot chicken recipes are some of the easiest and quickest meals you will ever make! If you haven’t snagged yourself an Instant Pot yet its time to do so and join the craze to simple cooking as we make this Honey Chicken recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Learning how to cook meat in your Instant Pot is a great place to start. Once you get comfortable with it you can change your seasonings and sauces to create new recipes.
To get started cooking this Instant Pot chicken recipe this is what you will need:
Instant Pot Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 large onion sliced and diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper each
- ¼ tsp parsley
- ½ lemon and ½ lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
First, start off by cutting up your onion then set your pot to saute and cook you onion and garlic in some oil for 5 minutes.
After that, add the rest of your ingredients to the pot and seal the lid with the steam valve set to the closed position and cook on the auto set poultry setting.
When your chicken is done the Instant Pot will alarm you. Switch the steam valve to open. Be very careful as the steam is EXTREMELY hot. Let is release slowly for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
To Review Instructions:
- Place the onion and garlic in your Instant Pot with olive oil and set it on the SAUTEE setting and cook for 5 min with top off. Stir regularly.
- Add your remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot and seal it with the lid. Set the steam valve to closed and cook on the POULTRY setting.
- Once your chicken is done switch the steam valve over to release slowly for 5-10 minutes. Remove lid once the steam has released.
This Instant Pot Honey Lemon Chicken recipe is perfect to serve with a salad, over rice or with a baked potato. If you love Instant Pot recipes you may like my Instant Pot Strawberry Jam recipe or these 19 Simply Delicious Instant Pot Recipes from the best resources online!