Cozy weather calls for cozy cookin’ in my neck of the woods and Fall is my most favorite season. Comfort food comes more natural to me in my kitchen and I just love making it! My Chicken pot pie is one of my family’s favorites so I wanted to share it with you. After I share with you the simplicity of the recipe, it may very well become your favorite too!
Chicken Pot Ingredients
- Homemade ( 2 c all purpose flour, 1 tsp, 2/3 to 1 cup as needed cut up cubed butter, 4 Tbsp cold water) or store bought pie crust
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 small bag of frozen mixed carrots, peas and corn
- 3-6 oz cooked chicken chunks
Pot Pie Directions
- Fill bottom *pie crust (see below) with all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Give it a quick mix.
- Top with layer of pie dough.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool before serving and ENJOY!
Homemade Pie Crust Directions:
- Mix flour and salt in bowl.
- Cut in butter and knead in with hands while sprinkling water in. Add an additional tablespoon of water as needed.
- Shape dough into ball. Place on lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/8″ thickness.
What is your favorite recipe this cozy season? Chicken pot pie is a must! Would you like to share your family’s favorite recipe and have it recreated here on Simple Acres? I would love to hear all about your yummy goodies this season! Dovidenia. XO
PS- I you enjoyed this recipe you also may enjoy this savory soup or this wholesome salad!
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!