I am a pumpkin spice fanatic. I may just dust myself with pumpkin spice before heading out the door in the Fall! Fall is my favorite (should be my motto) and I’m excited to share with you a simple baked good you will LOVE! My Pumpkin Spice Twist with Cream Cheese Drizzle is so quick to make and yummy! I shared this with my Lolly Jane friends prior to this. Let’s get baking!
I am admittedly a Fall fanatic who loves all things pumpkin, spice and everything nice this season. This treat is just the right amount of pumpkin to not be overpowering and you can alter the amount of frosting or sugar you use if you would like to make this less sweet and eat it as a savory breakfast option served with a delicious omelet.
Pumpkin Pie Twist Ingredients:
- 1-2 tubes of pre-made croissant roll dough
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice for sprinkling
- sugar for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans for sprinkling
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6-8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
Isn’t that a cute pumpkin? As I was shooting this post I kept on finding myself wanting to focus on these little guys! Behind it you will see the beginnings to my Pumpkin Pie Twists.
1. Remove the croissant dough from package and arrange to dough in rectangles, You will do this by not separating the triangles and then will your fingers smoothing the joints of the dough together to form a connected rectangular piece.
2. You will spread on one rectangle piece of dough pumpkin puree to the amount of your liking. I encourage you to spread a fairly liberal amount on if you really like pumpkin and less if you want it more subtle.
3. Sprinkle the pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice and sugar to your liking.
4. Then place another rectangular piece of dough on top of the pumpkin spread one. Spread a light layer of butter on top of this layer and sprinkle with more sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
5. Cut each rectangle into 3 thin strips about an 1.5 inch wide and twist.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
7. To make the frosting : mix the powdered sugar, softened light cream cheese, butter and vanilla together with a mixer. I placed it then in a frosting bag and drizzled it on my baked pumpkin twists.
8. Top with pecans and you are ready to enjoy a simple Fall treat!
I hope you enjoy my Pumpkin Spice Twist with Cream Cheese Drizzle recipe. Now go dust some pumpkin spice on yourself and get busy baking! Happy Fall y’all! Dovidenia. XO
For more Fall inspiration follow me on Instagram here and Pinterest here.
Here are a few other fun Fall treats you may enjoy:
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!