Pie is my favorite dessert to eat and make! I love the gooey warm center of fresh pie and the flakey goodness of homemade pie crust dusted with cinnamon and sugar. Pie is one of the simplest desserts your will ever make, I promise! With Fall here apple pie had to be made. I am excited to share my Simple Apple Pie Minis that will steal your heart at first bite. This recipe was originally created for two beautiful twins over at Lolly Jane blog.
This recipe simplifies the ability to treat oneself in decadence and moderation. My version of apple pie is a will be using the apple itself as the “container” for the pie to create a perfectly portioned treat! What I love about these Simple Apple Pie Minis is they are simple to make and satisfying to in a mini size.
Easy Apple Pie Bites
- 3 apples (I used Breaburn and Granny Smith.)
- Pie crust pre-made or homemade
- cinnamon to preference on top of dessert
- 2-3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 – 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 beaten egg
- 4-6 Tbsp of sugar; may add slowly and taste per preference for increased sugar need for mixture
- caramel sauce, drizzle on top per preferance
- Wash your apples then cut them in half.
- Use a melon baller to scoop the flesh out of the center of the apples as pictured below. Discard the seeds then save the rest of the apple flesh for pie filling.
3. Chop the flesh of the apple into small pieces and cook on medium to low heat in a pan with the apple juice, flour, sugar and apple pie spice. Once the apples have softened and the liquid is thickened the mixture is done. Replace it back into the apple bowls.
4. Cut the pie crust to be slightly larger that the apple top. Cover the bowls with pie crust. Lightly brush the crust with egg, then sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
These Simple Apple Pie Minis are beyond simple and have won the yum award at my home from young and old! Will you add this recipe to your Fall lineup? I know I will be.
If you would like more inspiration in desserts you may also love this Key Lime Pie recipe
or this Cherry Cheesecake one:
So there you have it friends, delicious desserts that inspire memory making and enjoyable eating.
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!