With the warmth and festivities of this season I have the perfect dessert to share! My Mini Lemon Meringue Pies with Raspberry Whipping Cream are delicious, bite size, light and refreshing the way only freshly squeezed lemons can be! Let’s get cooking.
Mini Lemon Meringue Pie Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice (6-7 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Prepare a water bath on the stove. I did this by boiling water in a larger pan then holding a smaller pan partially submerged over it while following the directions below.
- Once the water is boiling, place eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and zest into the smaller cooking pan and begin whisking.
4. Whisk it up quickly over the boiling water bath until thick (approximately 5-10 minutes). Take on and off water bath as needed to prevent the eggs from settling to much. When it’s light, thick like pudding and ribbons can be formed while you whisk it you are golden my friends!
5. Remove from heat and mix in melted butter.
6. Pour into mini graham cracker crusts. I chose to keep it simple with a store bought option.
7. Bake for 5-7 minutes until set. The center of the pies should jiggle somewhat like pudding would if nudged.
8. Cool on your counter then place in fridge for at least 2 hours to cool.
9. Serve cold topped with whipped cream. You can create your own infused with fresh raspberries. See more on how to make your own homemade whipping create by checking out my Berry Ambrosia Cookie Cups.
I hope you enjoy my Mini Lemon Meringue Pies with your loved ones! Dovidenia.
If you like this recipe you may also like these Mini Key Lime Pies: