When the sun starts shining and the weather warms I find a need to be surrounded by flowers, plants and produce. My hunky farmer husband has been busy getting our garden ready by planting corn, peas and more….while I’m putting cactus and succulent INDOORS. I know I sound weird, but there is something so fun about an Indoor Succulent Garden! I promise I will have you convinced by the end of this!
I love succulents and cactus for their resilience and ability to survive my power of generally managing to kill all things “plants”. If you want a low maintenance indoor garden this DIY is for you!
- small pots and cups
- assorted cactus and succulent plants
- movable cart
- spray paint and/or house paint
- Place an array of varied containers on the top of your cart and fill with plants.
- For an eclectic vintage touch I used thrift store and vintage store finds such as old tea cups and a vintage tool box.
- My children and I painted some of our pots. I painted one with left over white trim paint I had to add some decor and my children painted some pure white while others we water-colored.
Below is a video of my watercolor flower pot process if you would like to add that style to your Indoor Garden.
I have been in love with all things watercolor for the past year and I was pleasantly surprised how neat my flower pots were once water-colored! The great thing about my Indoor Succulent Garden DIY is that you can recreate it with your own style! I would love to see what you come up with!
Until next time I encourage you to create, inspire and SAVOR life! Dovidenia. XO