It’s time for flowers, fresh air and sunbeams! Home décor DIY here we come! Who’s up for a simple way to add a touch of spring to your home? This project was inspired by my little guy who has adored bugs since he could catch them! I have always loved shadow boxes and thought is would be fun to create what would look like a real butterfly collection for his room. This Spring Butterfly Shadow Box is a fun craft that brings nature indoors!
- wood stain & brush
- 10 x 12 piece of burlap (or what size fits the inside of the shadow box you find)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 3 butterflies
- painting tape
2. Stain the unfinished shadow box with stain of your choice. Allow to dry.
3. Cut burlap to fit the size of the inside of the box. (I used the free picture insert that came inside as a pattern to size my burlap.)
4. Hot glue the burlap into the back of the shadow box by placing hot glue on the back of the burlap and pressing firmly into place.
5. Hot glue butterflies in place. I have found….if you are a “eye-it” kinda gal like me, starting with the middle butterfly helps to align the butterflies best…or if you must..hehe…measure (wink).