As you plan your Spring affairs and menus it’s always fun to make something new your family will enjoy. With new recipes comes the need for simplicity. This Spring Chocolate Nest Dessert offers all that you are looking for with a new Spring recipe with a secret ingredient that adds a touch of health!
I am sure you are looking at this recipe wondering what this healthy ingredient is. Yes, I will admit we obviously have some candy and chocolate involved in this treat but its this secret ingredient that makes this Chocolate Nest Dessert so yummy!
Spring Chocolate Nest Dessert Ingredients
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- 4 cups of crunchy chow mein noodles
- Chocolate eggs
- 1 cup of smooth natural peanut butter
There you have it. The secret ingredient that offers healthy unsaturated fat and protein is….NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER! Don’t get me wrong eating ten of these in one day is not balanced nor healthy eating but in moderation it is a fun, satisfying and yummy! This is a treat with stellar visual appeal your family and friends will enjoy! My kids thought these were so fun and due to the simplicity they were able to help me make them.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a pan on low heat on your stove top.
- Add the smooth peanut butter and melt as well.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over chow mein noodles in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the chocolate mixture with the noodles until they are completely covered.
- Form small stacks of chocolate peanut butter sauce covered noodles on a cooking pan.
- With your fingers, shape this into a nest shape.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until nests are hardened and formed.
8. Once nests are formed place eggs in nests and you are done!
This Spring Chocolate Nest Dessert serves as a precious place setting for each Easter guest at the table or is an enticing treat on a platter in the kitchen for busy little fingers to grab! Happy Spring my friends, from all of us to you! For more Spring inspiration you may enjoy my Spring Berry Salad, Spring Wreath or the Bunny Bottom Cookies as pictured below. Dovidenia. XO