The time of year is here to celebrate hope and love! Here at Simple Acres, we look for ways to be a blessing to others. I am teaching the kids it is better to give than receive this season. There is no better way to teach love and to spread cheer than with sweet treats…or at least that would be my children’s vote! What is even more fun is you can join with me in spreading cheer too!
We started our day of cheer spreading by waking to a beautiful blanket of snow! Oh how acres of snow glows with beauty versus dirt and tumbleweeds…ha! We got are spirits in order with snowman building (Well, my oldest actually made this cute guy ALL BY HIMSELF!), snow angel spreading and snow ball throwing! After we came in and warmed up with…of course HOT COCOA…we got busy as all elves should(wink)! We ran to Safeway to pick up our delicious sugar cookie mix so we could get busy with ease!
Sugar cookies is a classic Christmas time treat!
Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 bag of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
1 stick of butter
3 Tbsp flour
I love that Betty Crocker helps make holiday memory making simple!
1. Pour the cookie mix and flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a cup for 10-20 seconds.
3. Mix in the melted butter and egg until you form a dough.
4. Roll out the dough 1/4 ” thickness.
5. Have fun cutting out your cookies
6. Bake per bag instruction.
7. Let cool.
8. DECORATE! My favorite part….oh and let the kids eat nearly all the ones they decorated! (Mother of the year award…ha!)
9. Spread CHEER! Take a plate of your Betty Crocker sweet treats to a friend, family or stranger and BE THE CHANGE of love, joy and hope this world is starving for…plus SUGAR!
Our special friends were so surprised with our sweet treat plate and what began as a simple expression of cheer ended up to be a shared warm winter meal with good conversation and laughs!
PS- I will be having a fun opportunity to Spread Cheer on my fan page! Come join me their by clicking here. Watch for a post that offers a chance to win a $20 GIVE AWAY! To enter for a chance to win all you must do is share a sweet treat with someone, take a picture of it or your process and hashtag #SpreadCheer on any social media. Just comment below on my fan page with why you chose to spread cheer and a picture of your social media post!