I really enjoy making food for others. A few weeks ago we got to have our dear friends over for dinner. My Creamy Shrimp Asparagus Alfredo over penne noodles is what I made for our guests. This dish is a delicious and simple entree I think you will enjoy. Lets start with the homemade Alfredo sauce!
What I have found in the last few years as I have been cooking and experimenting more here at Simple Acres is that homemade recipes and sauces are much simpler than you might think. The flavor is also much better than anything bought in the store.
Starting with a basic Alfredo sauce inspired by All Recipes you will find a delicious and simple sauce your family will love.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup whole milk (may use heavy cream if you prefer a heavier sauce)
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- A few pinches of dried or fresh diced parsley
Alfredo Sauce Directions:
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add milk, garlic and cheese and simmer for about 5 minutes on low – medium heat.
- Season with parsley and pepper.
Garlic and Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus is what I sauteed to add to the Alfredo sauce that I topped the penne pasta with.
- Saute the asparagus in pan with a tablespoon of butter (more if needed to prevent sticking) and 1 tsp of minced garlic for 5 min over low-medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for an addition 4-5 minutes. Generally over medium heat shrimp cook in about 5 minutes. They are done when they are pink and have formed curled up c-shape.
- I seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and lemon juice. Use the cayenne very sparingly.
- Place shrimp and asparagus mixture over cooked pasta and top with alfredo sauce. Enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy this simple dish! Dovidenia. XO