Hey there everyone! I have another simple recipe to make your evenings at home with your family easier. My Lemon and Lime Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Linguine is delicious and quick to make. Let’s dig in!
You ever need that recipe that tastes “foodie” enough for you but has ingredients simple enough for your kids? This recipe has your back! Even for my simplest eater who will only eat buttered noodles or my oldest son who gave this recipe FOUR stars (then changed his mind to FIVE STARS), this recipes is satisfying to the whole family.
Lemon and Lime Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Linguine Ingredients:
- 1 small box of linguine noodles
- 50-70 count bag of frozen precooked shrimp
- premade marinara
- 1/3 cup pealed and halved pear onion
- 1-2 small cloves of fresh garlic sliced
- ~1/4 cup olive oil, use to your judgement to oil the pan
- 2 lemons worth of juice
- 1/2-1 lime worth of juice
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3-1/4 cup powdered/grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 leaves of fresh oregano leaves diced
- 2-3 pinches of parsley
- several leaves of fresh basil for garnishment and eating
- long shredded Parmesan for garnishing
- pine nuts (optional)
- Cook noodles until al dente then strain noodles. Toss back in pan and keep on stove on lowest setting to keep warm. Toss with some olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Saute onions, garlic, oregano and parsley with olive oil on low to medium heat fro 5-7 minutes or until onions and garlic appear more translucent and cooked but still slightly crisp.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper flakes and lemon and lime juice.
- While doing this, rinse frozen precooked shrimp in a strainer under cool water for 5-8 minutes to thaw.
- Once thawed add to garlic and onion mixture and stir another 3-5 minutes on low to medium heat with adding your Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat pre-made marinara in a sauce pan on medium to low heat. Once warm and simmering it is done.
- (Optional) Toast pine nuts on a flat cookie sheet by baking at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve your plate with noodles, top with 1/3 cup marinara sauce and top with Lemon and Lime Shrimp garnishing with a pinch of parsley, shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh basil leaves (may dice these they are delicious to eat), a few pinches of toasted pine nuts and a quick final squeeze of lemon juice.
There you have it friends, a delicious and simple recipe your whole family will love. This shrimp could also be served as the protein source in tacos as well.
We used Homestyle Ragu Hearty Traditional Marinara Sauce for this recipe. Its thick and hearty texture hugs every noodle, and provides a delicious made-from-scratch taste. Thanks to a bold combination of vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs, you won’t need to add anything to these delicious sauces.
So there you have it another simple yet delicious family favorite.I hope you love my Lemon and Lime Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Linguine. Dovidenia. XO
For more inspiration of the simple life follow me on Instagram here.
For even more creative inspiration from farmhouse decor to delicious food follow me here on Pinterest.