Happy Holidays Friends!Nothing reminds me more of Christmas than delicious Gingerbread Cookies. The smell alone evokes such a nostalgic feeling of Christmas past that you can’t help but make this every holiday season. This recipe has a delicious spicy flavor that will smell your house for hours. I have a quick tip that will also make sharing this special goody that much simpler.
My kids enjoy using traditional gingerbread man cutouts but you can use any Christmas cookie cutter you’d like. And, when paired with a yummy butter-cream frosting this cookie is sure to be a hit. You can also use this recipe to create a gingerbread house, a fun experience than can easily become a holiday tradition. And don’t forget to use the Royal Icing recipe (link found below) to keep your creation together.
Recipe found at www.meaningfulmama.com, courtesy of Food Network.
3 c. Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black pepper
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable shortening, room temperature
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup molasses
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven 350.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, ginger, allspice, cloves, salt and pepper through a wire sieve into a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl using a handheld mixer at high speed, beat butter and shortening 1 minute. Add brown sugar, beat until well blended, about 2 minutes. Then add molasses and egg.
4. Add brown sugar, beat until well blended, about 2 minutes.
5. Gradually blend in the flour with a wooden spoon, separate into two disks and wrap in plastic Reynolds wrap.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
7. Pull out dough and defrost for 10 minutes.
8. Roll out the cookies on a lightly floured surface to 1/8th” thickness.
9.Using cookie cutters cut out cookies and transfer to baking sheet spacing 1″ a part.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool for 2 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Cookies…what an easy way to make a yummy treat for your family during the holidays, a quick Christmas gift for friends,and a fun memory you can create with your kiddos. And don’t forget to use Reynolds Disposable Bakeware to store your yummy treats. These handy containers are great for cooking and for me I loved the variety with parchment paper to deliver and share my favorite cookies IN STYLE with friends and family. Get your $1 off coupon here. Cheers my friends and sweet nibbles from my family to yours! Dovidenia. XO
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!