Summer is here and I want nothing more than something refreshing, flavorful and satisfying! This time of year is full of activity and meals that are filling yet feel “light” and healthy are the perfect fuel for the hot days ahead. We need healthy but we also need SIMPLE right?!
Of course, you are in the right place for all things simple here. This recipe was originally shared at Your Modern Family. You will fall in love with this yummy number with a side of simple. Fresh Citrus Summer Tacos get in my belly!
Tacos is a recipe nearly everyone enjoys. This recipe is full of more flavor than your usual recipe and the best part is it can be made in a crock pot!
Watch the video below to get an idea just how simple making this delicious recipe is! You can get your “fresh” and “busy” on in minutes (wink) with this one!
Let’s get started!
Lime Chicken Taco Ingredients
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (No cooking needed. Your welcome.)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup pico or red salsa
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- flour tortillas
- fresh diced avocados, radishes, bell peppers, onions and cilantro
- shredded cheese
- Pull chicken of bone and shred slightly. Chicken can either be placed in a crock pot on low or in a pan on low heat for warming.
- Add sour cream, both salsas, agave nectar and lime juice to chicken and mix together.
- Being that the chicken is already cooked you can have this dish ready in an hour or less depending on your method of cooking and temp setting if you choose to use a crock pot.
- Spoon in taco shells and serve with diced fresh vegetables and fresh cilantro with a sprinkle of cheese.
There you have it friends! A simple and delicious meal you can serve your family and friends! If you want to get fresh a little more you may enjoy my Key Lime Pie recipe for dessert! Dovidenia and wear your sunblock! XO