I have the cutest Spring Bunny Bottom Sugar Cookies you will ever eat! Who doesn’t love the thought of a fluffy, soft, oh-so-cute bunny butt! I know it sounds like I have a problem…well maybe I am slightly obsessed BUT after these cookies touch your lips you will be hopping for more! Who’s ready for cuteness overload with a spread of sugar on top? This recipe was originally shared at Your Modern Family.
I love baking with my kids during the holidays. This was a project my kids had so much fun with! Every bunny tail offered a giggle with placement and a nibble when they thought I wasn’t looking. I hope your family will enjoy these as much as mine did.
Cookie Ingredients from All Recipes
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients from Meaningful Mama
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, or about 8 cups (sifted for best results)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar in a medium mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time then vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough out flat and use a circular cookie cutter to form your cookies.
- For the bunny feet roll out almond size balls of dough flat to form the ovals needs.
- Place cookies 1 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on edges. Allow cookies and bunny feet to cool on a cooling rack before frosting.
Best Buttercream Frosting Directions
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter until fluffy. Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing a bit between each addition. When adding sugar, you will want to start the mixer slowly. Continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- For coloring, I used a few drops of my chosen food dye colors.
To assemble these Spring Bunny Bottom Sugar Cookies, frost your cookie then place the bunny feet on top as pictured. You may need to add a small spread of frosting on the bottom of the bunny feet to better attach them to the cookie. Use ready made frosting pens, you can find in the baking isle, to decorate to toes. Lastly, add a small marshmallow between the feet, as pictured below, to make your bunny backside as cute as possible!
There you have it my friends! A sweet, simple and FUN new recipe to try this Spring with your family! You may also like my key lime pies as well, light and delicious for Spring.
Create, Inspire and Savor life! Dovidenia. XO
PS – This recipe was originally shared on Your Modern Family.
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!