I have a recipe that is one of my family’s favorites I have been wanting to share for a long time. I usually make it on the stove top in a skillet but just simplified it more by throwing it in a crock pot. My Crock Pot Taco Skillet will be the easiest family favorite meal you have ever made!
I think most moms feel a sense of accomplishment when they can put together a nice meal amidst the chaos of kids and commitments! This Taco Skillet has been a favorite of my husbands before kids and now because of it’s traditional flavors the kids love it too! What the Dietitian part of me loves is the way I can sneak in a lot of nutritious produce into my family.
Taco Skillet Ingredients
- fresh produce of your liking in the amount you choose, I used 1 corn on the cob, 1/4 cup diced sweet onions and 1/2 cup diced sweet bell peppers
- 2 large burrito size flour tortillas or 4 taco shells
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1-2 cups of mild salsa ( portion amount is to your taste preference)
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- a few pinches of cilantro for garnishing
- sour-cream as a garnish (optional)
- 1 small package of hamburger (I use our own Angus ground beef.)
- Turn crock pot on low.
- Add salsa, diced vegetables, tomato soup to crock pot.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef. Once cooked, strain any excess grease and add cooked meat to crock pot.
- Cut up tortillas into squares and mix into the crock pot.
- Lastly top with shredded cheese and sprinkle cilantro on top. Cover with the lid.
- I find in about 2-4 hours my meal is ready. If you are not wanting to wait to eat, you may cook this right on the stove top in a pan as well.
Enjoy one of the simplest meals you have ever made with this Crock Pot Taco Skillet full of nutrient balance and healthy vitamins! Dovidenia.
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!