This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #MyOdwalla #CollectiveBias
- Start your day being present with yourself. This can look different for everyone. For some it may be a morning jog alone, it could be stretching and reflecting or even taking a few extra moments in bed to meditate on positive thoughts.
2. Nourish yourself first. Often as busy woman and mothers as our day begins we start taking care of others. Possibly it’s our husbands needs or making lunches for our kids. It’s easy to be so busy you forget to fuel yourself. Whether it’s a sit down balanced breakfast or a simple beverage you drink while you are preparing for the day you will feel better and more equipped to conquer your day.
Even if it’s a busy morning you can use the Odwalla® Chocolate Protein drink as morning energy as you are busy making lunches for the family!
3. Take time out. Its ok to take time out to disconnect and recharge. Just a 5 min walk, stretch or deep breathing can do wonders to de-stress and allow improved focus in your day. For goodness sake take a lunch break too!
4. Say “yes” less. Every time you say “yes” , when you shouldn’t, you are saying “no” to something that matters. I have learned this the hard way but with every hiccup my boundaries continue to develop and ultimately my stress level decreases as I say “no” more and “yes” only when I should.
5. Plan and prioritize. Schedule yourself time in your day to feel prepared. Whether you do this through journaling or spending time looking at your planner, knowing what the next day ahead holds helps you to stay true to the things mentioned above.
6. Reflect and journal. Finding time in the end of the day to record thoughts, aspirations and gratitude encourages a healthy mind and positive mindset.
7. Pamper yourself. As a mother, this can be simply taking a bath reading a good book or even enjoying something delicious like one of my favorite Odwalla® while painting or doing another hobby I find relaxing.
8. Nourish your body. As you can see this is mentioned twice because of it’s importance. In the evening as things slow down it is a great time take any supplementation your body may need or if you are hungry choose a light snack.
9. Rest. Adequate sleep is so overlooked in self care but is essential to achieve all the day entails. The average adults needs between 7 to sometimes 10 hours per night of restorative sleep.
Let me know what aspects of self care you are putting into practice I would love to hear!
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!
I so needed these tips, thank you! #6 has definitely been making a big difference in my life.
That is so awesome to hear!
Self care is so important! Thanks for the reminders.
My pleasure! Well wishes in your own self care!