This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PilotYourLife #CollectiveBias
The season has arrived! Crisp air in the mornings, new beginnings and goals and routine for the family. I welcome this time of year, although there’s one thing that is required to be successful.
Organization. That simple world is not always my strength. Do you struggle with juggling all of life’s “to-dos” too?
Here are 5 ways I plan to get organized for back to school!
To be quite honest, I love to plan. I love to make lists and schedules, but sometimes I still fail in the organization department.
This got me thinking to myself, what were the 5 things I could simplify my focus on to create success when back to school time comes.
Here are my thoughts.
5 Ways to Get Organized for Back to School
- Plan out your week. I have found if I don’t plan out every day of my week it becomes chaos. As a mom, wife, business owner and so much more the tasks needed to juggle can seem unrealistic at times. I have found if I look at all the different responsibilities in my life and components and allocate when I will achieve those through the week I am much less stressed and feel more organized. Here is a free printable weekly schedule to help you get organized in your week.
I am loving my Pilot G2 pens to write in my schedule. With all the different colors the pens offer I can color code my schedule to make it easier to know where I am in life’s busyness just with a quick glance.
2. Kids need routine. Having three young children I have often learned the hard way that routine is essential for simplicity with kids. This can be from bed time schedules to daily after school expectations. Here is a wonderful printable from an amazing mom at Meaningful Mama that can be used during your daily routine with your kids. My kids have even more fun marking off their list when they get to use their favorite colored pen.
3. Simplify your space. I always feel more organized when my home is in order. Here is a simple organizational DIY you can make for your home.
4. Plan you family nutrition. As a Registered Dietitian I can attest that healthy family eating starts with a plan. Here is a free printable for you to use to fill in your weekly menu.
5. Write it down. Writing down goals, thoughts, things to remember ect help me keep my thoughts all in one place when often life pulls me in different directions. Below is a journal decor DIY to inspire creativity as you are reflecting upon this upcoming school year.
Journal Decor DIY
- packing tape
- watercolor paints
- Pilot pens
- paint brush
- watercolor paper
- Start by tracing the shape of your notebook on you watercolor paper.
2. Add art to your paper with watercolor paint and once dry, your colorful Pilot pens. I just “doodled” in a sense with no real thought in mind to the from of my journal cover. You could even have your child create the art you use to cover your journal.
3. Once paint is dry you can use your Pilot pens to create colorful details to your art.
4. Once your designing is complete cut the shape out you traced that aligns with the size of your journal.
5. Use the tape to start covering and sealing your paper onto the cover of your journal.
There you have it! A completed and unique journal to help you stay organized this back to school season. This would even be a great project for a child to express their uniqueness with their school notebooks. You can grab your Pilot G2 pens at your local Target. Pilot G2 Pens have four point sizes and 15 vibrant colors, are very comfortable in the hand. Who doesn’t love pens of all shades to write with?! It makes planning and creating all the more fun!
You can save $0.75 on any ONE 4-pack (or larger) of G2 Gel Ink pens. Here is the coupon.
I wish you all a wonderful back to school time full of excitement as you make new memories and reach new goals as an individual and family. I hope these 5 ways to help you be organized for back to school time are a help. Dovidenia. XO
PS- You can find your pens at your local Target in the back to school and office supply isle.
Shonda Rhimes has partnered with Pilot G2 to share information about the Overachievers Grant and why she loves G2. Check it out!
Sign up today to receive the very best tips and tricks for the simple life!
Join our email list today for exclusive subscriber content and the very best from Stefanie!