This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #DASANISparkling #FlavorContest #CollectiveBias
Do you long for a get-away to spend more quality time with the family, yet struggle finding ways to fit it in with the chaos of life? Family Adventure time is possible and doesn’t always have to be extravagant and stressful to organize. I am excited to share 5 ways to encourage more quality time spent with your loved ones through family adventure by providing creative ideas that simplify the process!
Somewhere in the shuffle of daily life, the act of planning yet another thing often can lose its excitement, and can often get pushed aside and well, put off entirely. It’s easier than you think to pull together a fun outing and I will show you how.
Too often we overlook the great attractions all around us. Have you ever considered thinking more CLOSE TO HOME on your next family adventure? There is so much to be found from local parks to museums that can be enjoyable and fun. We love jumping in the car to adventure in town on a whim! Even sometimes in our PJ’s with our favorite stuffed animals!
Speaking of adventure (and something a bit more for that secret extravagant adventure dream you hold), we have partnered with DASANI® Sparkling because not only do we love their products as a family but also because we want to share the opportunity they have to take YOU on an adventure! October 1st thru November 15th you can enter for a chance to Win a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Grand Prize winner will win a trip to the 2019 Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival plus room to invite 3 guests! How exciting is that?!
Entering is easy, just take a pic of your favorite flavor of DASANI® Sparkling and post it to Instagram or Twitter using #DasaniSparkling AND #FlavorContest
The Grand Prize winner will win a trip to the 2019 Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Festival in October 2019 for the winner plus 3 guests! The prize package consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 4 from a major airport near the winner’s home; 3 nights’ accommodations; rental car; 2 Gondola Club passes (2-day passes) to the Festival; a hot air balloon ride for winner and 1 guest; $1,000 spending money; and travel agent services. Doesn’t get much better than that! Now go enter for your chance to win!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.Legal residents of certain U.S. states and D.C., 18 years or older.Ends 11/15/18.For rules, hashtags, alternate methods of entry, odds, prize and complete details, visit https://bit.ly/2vaka0y. Void in CT, FL, IA, ME, MA, MN, NH, NJ, NY, ND, OK, PA, SD, and VT and where prohibited.
5 Ways to Encourage Family Adventure:
- Get the WHOLE family involved in the plans for the next adventure! I know my little ones love being a part of the planning. We’ve started taking turns planning family outings each month and let each child take a turn deciding where and what we should do (within limits of course). Make one day a month your Adventure Day and get the whole family excited about it by getting them involved. Less work for you, the busy mom!?
- Pack Healthy Snacks. Nothing creates a more frustrating trip than not having enough snacks and drinks on-hand to keep the family well fueled. Our top picks include; nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, sandwich makings and delicious DASANI® Sparkling. Why not stay hydrated and enjoy one of the 14 great flavors that DASANI® Sparkling has to offer? Our favorites from Kroger right now is Black Cherry and Pomegranate Blueberry. You can find the nearest Kroger store or banner store to you here.
- Thinking Close to Home can simplify adventure. Sometimes the adventure is more about the trip and less about the destination. (Although if you win the DASANI® Sparkling sweepstakes you would get both!) Enlist your family’s help to find places around your area that would be fun and possibly something new you have not seen or done yet. Places that are worth a try: the park, zoo, beach (for some beach combing), campground for a day visit, lake, museums and historical centers. Ask around. Often there are many hidden gems in your area that you didn’t even know about.
- Plan car games. Often to make an adventure more enjoyable as you travel in the car,encourage fun with the games you used to play as a kid! Great one’s we’ve tried include I Spy and the Alphabet game—going from A to Z using billboard and street signs. Happy gaming the old fashion way!
- Enjoy the moment. Try as we might, too often we are rushing from one thing to the next in this busy season of life. Make your family adventure unforgettable by taking the time to slow down, focusing less on crossing it off your list and more about enjoying the company you’re with and the memories you are making in the moment. Often just starting off with an awareness to slow down, paired with deep breathing can help. Remember, even if you get stuck in traffic, kids are fighting, or things don’t happen just as planned you still have the power to choose to enjoy the moment!
I hope these 5 Ways to Encourage Family Adventure have been helpful. I hope each of us can embrace the opportunity to create wonderful memories together with our families through adventure big and small! Please remember, sometimes your next big adventure is closer than you think!
Don’t forget to enter to win the awesome adventure from DASANI® Sparkling! All YOU need to do to earn a chance to win is take a picture of your favorite flavor of DASANI® Sparkling and post it to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #DasaniSpark AND #FlavorContest .