Cozy weather calls for cozy cookin’ in my neck of the woods and Fall is my most favorite season. Comfort food comes more natural to me in my kitchen and I just love making it! My Chicken pot pie is one of my family’s favorites so I wanted to share it with you. After I share with you the simplicity of the recipe, it may very well become your favorite too!
Chicken Pot Ingredients
- Homemade ( 2 c all purpose flour, 1 tsp, 2/3 to 1 cup as needed cut up cubed butter, 4 Tbsp cold water) or store bought pie crust
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 small bag of frozen mixed carrots, peas and corn
- 3-6 oz cooked chicken chunks
Pot Pie Directions
- Fill bottom *pie crust (see below) with all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Give it a quick mix.
- Top with layer of pie dough.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool before serving and ENJOY!
Homemade Pie Crust Directions:
- Mix flour and salt in bowl.
- Cut in butter and knead in with hands while sprinkling water in. Add an additional tablespoon of water as needed.
- Shape dough into ball. Place on lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/8″ thickness.
What is your favorite recipe this cozy season? Chicken pot pie is a must! Would you like to share your family’s favorite recipe and have it recreated here on Simple Acres? I would love to hear all about your yummy goodies this season! Dovidenia. XO