Imagine a busy day full of running errands, meeting all your family’s needs and then planned entertaining in the evening. You need something quick in a busy lifestyle like this but also a touch more impressive than your everyday lasagna and a salad. I have solutions!
My Vegetable Egg Rolls with Avocado are rich in healthy fats, can be made in minutes and are even kid approved! My oldest munched these up in minutes. The balance of crispy and smooth textures with a sweet yet slightly spicy dipping sauce is a meal YOU MUST savor and experience! Lets dig in. This recipe was originally shared at Lolly Jane.
Avocados,although rich in calories and fat, offer the type of fat that is good for your heart and mind. They add a component that offers satiety and enjoyment to a recipe that usually can leave a person hungry. Whether you enjoy avocados in a fresh guacamole with chips or on a sandwich, they are a great way to boost the “yum factor” in recipes. These Vegetable Egg Rolls with Avocado are delicious and present beautifully when prepared for friends and family.
Vegetable Egg Rolls with Avocado Ingredients
- 1/2 avocado
- Egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1 small package coleslaw mix
- Real bacon bits (a few dashes)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Olive oil use as needed
- Sweet red chili sauce (If you do not choose a pre-made version see recipe below.)
Sweet Red Chili Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey or 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons hot chili pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Egg Roll Directions
1. Pull the egg roll wrappers out and separate them from each other and lay on a plate for easy and quick production.
2. Dice red bell peppers, tomatoes and cilantro.
3. Place coleslaw mix, a few tablespoons of red chili sauce and bacon bits in pan and saute with olive oil on high for roughly 3 minutes or until it appears cooked but not soggy. You want a cooked yet crisp appearance and texture. Once cooked set aside in a bowl.
4. Place pan on medium to high heat with enough olive oil to coat base of pan. During frying process you will need to add more olive oil to prevent sticking.
5. Place a egg roll wrapper on a plate flat and open. Spoon in slaw mixture, bell peppers, cilantro, tomatoes and a thin long slice of avocado.
6. Wrap egg roll by folding both left and right sides, bring bottom flap up and over the vegetable mixture then roll up.
7. Place egg roll in hot oil. final flap side down as to seal the egg roll first to prevent it from falling apart. Rotate egg roll with a fork every few seconds until every side is golden brown and fried.
8. Place egg rolls on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
9. Serve with sweet red chili sauce.
Sweet Red Chili Sauce Directions
1. Pour water and vinegar into a pan. Bring these two ingredients to a boil over high heat.
2. Stir honey or sugar, ginger, garlic, Chile pepper and ketchup. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Remove it from stove to cool.
4. You are finished. Place in container and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
There you have it friends, delicious Avocado Egg Rolls that are quick, impressive and yummy! They are perfect for your next gathering or laid back finger friendly meal! For more simple and delicious recipes you may enjoy…