The sun is shining and I can smell grills cooking, sense the relaxation of many camping trips to come, envision picnics in the park and the play-outside-all-day-in-the-dirt season coming our way at Simple Acres. The Best BBQ Chicken Slider with a savory homemade sauce is just what we need to get this season started! This is a delicious recipe that tastes even better than is looks and creates a wonderful BBQ sauce “mask” for young and old alike who dig in! Who wants a BBQ sauce they can make simply and be proud to call their own? ME…ME!
The Best BBQ Chicken Slider is such a simple recipe that can be made in many different ways. If you are short on time you can use a rotisserie chicken and prepared sauce. If you have more time on your hands you can bake or BBQ chicken, shred and make your own BBQ sauce. You could even place pulled chicken that is cooked in a crock pot with sauce on warm-low. Here is another yummy slider recipe from a beautiful Chef friend of mine you would enjoy as well!
BBQ Chicken Slider Ingredients
- Buns (I like pretzel rolls or ciabatta rolls)
- Shredded chicken (this can be bakes, boiled, BBQ or rotisserie)
- BBQ sauce (use you favorite pre-prepared sauce or see below for recipe)
- Shredded cabbage, bell pepper, kale and other veggies that you enjoy (onions and tomatoes or radishes would be nice with this as well)
- Light ranch or house dressing
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
BBQ Chicken Slider:
- Cook chicken and shred with a fork then place in a bowl and mix in sauce to your liking.
- Shred and dice vegetables and toss lightly with ranch dressing to your liking.
- Place meat and vegetable slaw in a bun or roll of your choice.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil in a medium saucepan then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
This BBQ Chicken Slider combines lean protein with antioxidant rich veggie slaw for a perfect balance of nutrients to encourage a healthy lifestyle. I hope I leave you with an appetite for our family favorite recipe! Dovidenia. XO