1 package of sausage of choice (I love sage seasoned varieties. For a heart healthy choice choose a lean turkey or chicken sausage)
1/2 c or more per preference of shredded cheese of choice
1. Rinse mushrooms and remove stems leave a open cupped space for filling.
2. Filling: mix raw ground sausage and cheese in a mixing bowl.
3. Spoon mixture in mushroom tops.
4. Place Stuffed Mushrooms on cookie sheet and sprinkle more cheese on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until internal temperature is 160-170 degrees or the level deemed safe for your sausage choice.
In about 30 minutes (eek…. I forgot to time this one…I just kept checking and temping it) you have a yummy morsel that melts in your mouth!
Enjoy friends! Please share how you make stuffed mushrooms…I would love to hear!