Are you looking for how to make a spiked limeade recipe? This recipe is simple, only a few ingredients and delicious all year round! This limeade recipe is delish as is or add a twist and spike it with a citrus flavored liquor! It is beyond delicious and so easy to make. Let’s get to teaching YOU how to make a SPIKED limeade (those of you age 21+ ONLY – are welcome to this recipe – omit the alcohol otherwise).
*This blog post contains affiliate links.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s very easy to make and versatile. You could make as is, make it spiked, “virgin” or blend it up either way – you could even make this into popsicles using a mold.
I fell in love with lemonade as a kid and have had fun lately making homemade versions such as my Strawberry Lemonade too.
Check out what you need to get started. Jump to Recipe
- 2 cups fresh squeezed juice (4 lemons and 4 limes)
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- orange liqueur such as triple sec (add 1 shot in an 8 oz cup over ice once served)
Spiked Limeade Recipe Instructions:
- Cut lemons and limes in half and squeeze juice. I used this lemon squeezer.
- Add lemon and lime juice to a pitcher with 6 cups of cold water.
- Mix sugar into pitcher until fully dissolved.
- Serve immediately over ice and ADD a shot of Triple Sec or chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours prior to serving over ice.
Below I will answer a few common questions about this recipe:
Which alcohol goes best with lemonade?
Gin, vodka and bourbon are all some of the most popular sprits to add to your lemonade beverages.
How much alcohol should you add to your lemonade to taste good?
The most common serving is 1 1/2 to 2 oz of liquor to a standard 6-8oz mixed drink. Adjust to your preference.
I hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial on how to make spiked limeade recipe! If you enjoyed this recipe you may also enjoy these recipes as well:
- Pomegranate Lime Spritzer
- Mini Key Lime Pies
- Lemon & Lime Shrimp Parmesan Linguini
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
Don’t forget to pin this Recipe for later!
Spiked Citrus Limeade
A refreshing spin on a classic limeade recipe.
- 2 cups lemon and lime juice 4 limes and 4 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups sugar adjust to sweetness preference
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 shot orange liqueur per 1 cup serving adjust per preference
Cut lemon and limes in half and squeeze juice into bowl or pitcher.
Add sugar to juice.
Add water to juice and sugar mixture and mix.
Add tripe sec to beverage once poured over ice.