I am really into minimizing and utilizing the things I already have this year. That being said, there are always fun ways to decorate your home on a dime. This Upcycled Spring Banner DIY is made from things you can collect from around my house as a perfect decor piece right in time for Spring.
Here is what you will need to to make your own Spring banner.
- Premade banner (I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby.)
- Fabric scraps (I also up cycled old shirts.)
- Fabric Glue
- Cardboard to create your own pattern
- First, I cut my cardboard into a triangle that fits inside the premade banner. I used my cardboard pattern to then trace on my fabric scraps to create my fabric triangle pieces.
- Iron your fabric pieces then use your fabric glue to attach them to the top of each triangle on the banner.
- Lastly, I glued some ribbon along the top of each banner piece and then trimmed the ribbon to size with scissors.
This Upcycled Spring Banner DIY is easy and affordable and can be made in any color or theme. Enjoy your Spring! Dovidenia. XO