I am obsessed with homemade whipped cream these days. The flavor varieties are endless and I am finding every way I can to incorporate this lovely topping into my recipes! I have been filling my kitchen with berries lately which inspired my latest concoction. Black and blue is the theme with a hint of something special as my secret ingredient. My simple blackberry whipped cream recipe is delicious on top of chocolate blueberry pancakes. I can’t wait to share the details and dig in!
I remember as a kid loving weekend mornings and Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. My Dad knew how to make them just right and still does for my little ones. I can remember the stickiness I felt all over and the aroma of sweet maple syrup as I enjoyed every bite. It is a comforting memory to reflect on and a tradition I want to continue more with my kids. I am excited to get to collaborate with Nestle Nesquik because I often use their product as a way to add extra vitamins and nutrition to my kids recipes. It is especially useful for when I have a child who is going through a season of inadequate intake. I have used this type of product to make more nutrient dense hot cocoa in the chilly months. Today I am going to share how I used my Chocolate Nestle Nesquik to make chocolate blueberry pancakes my kids LOVED!
Chocolate Blueberry Pancake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 1/4 cup organic milk
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 mashed banana or more depending on moisture of batter
- 1-2 spoonfuls of Chocolate Nestle Nesquik
- handful of fresh blueberries
Homemade Blackberry Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup organic whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- handful of blackberries
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- garnishing is slivered almonds
- Mix all the ingredients above in a large mixing bowl in exception to the fresh blueberries.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Cook your pancakes on medium heat on a non-stick or slightly oiled pan.
Homemade Whip Cream Directions
- Mix cream in a bowl with a mechanical mixer for roughly 3-5 minutes or until the cream starts to form a more cohesive consistency.
- Add the blackberries (mashing them first is helpful), cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup and continue to mix. Avoid mixing too long as it will form a butter texture.
For more detailed directions you can also review my Berry Filled Cookie Cups.
Also this video is a full tutorial for homemade whipped cream!
My kids had fun decorating their pancakes and being creative! Watch here to see my little guys fun with his pancakes! I hope you enjoy your Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes with Blackberry Whipped Cream with Nestle Nesquik as much as we did!
For more breakfast ideas and inspiration Nesquik has many fun and yummy ideas here! Cheers to stacks of fluffy pancakes full of fresh blueberries and clouds of delicious berry infused homemade whipped cream. Dovidenia. XO