Do you ever crave something super refreshing and delicious? That was me the other day! I called up a loved one, known for their amazing recipes, and from her suggestions created my own version of a Fresh and Delicious Ceviche Recipe. My husband and I devoured the whole bowl in nearly a single sitting so I hope you will love this as much as we did!
What I love about this shrimp ceviche is it offers a balance with protein, nutrients from varied vegetables, and healthy fat from the avocado. It serves as a great snack or (if you eat as much as we did) a delicious meal!
Here are the ingredients you need to make the best ceviche:
- ½ cup imitation crab
- ½ mini precooked salad shrimp
- 1 cup skinned and diced cucumber
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced sweet red bell pepper
- 1 finely diced jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 3-5 Tbsp of fresh cilantro
- Juice from 2 lemons and 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp tapatio
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 avocado*
- 1 cup strained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup strained and rinsed sweet corn
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 radishes finely diced*
- A pinch of salt and sugar to taste
*optional add ins
- Dice up all your vegetable ingredients as well as your crab.
- Add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl besides your shrimp and crab. Toss ingredients until evenly mixed.
3. Next, add lemon and lime juice, tapatio, ketchup and vinegar to your bowl and mix.
4. Season your ceviche with salt and sugar to taste. Start with a pinch each.
5. Finally, add in your shrimp and crab and you are ready to enjoy!
What to serve with your ceviche, you might ask? Delicious tortilla chips of course, but you could also enjoy this on tostadas, tossed in a taco shell or on top of a salad. I hope you enjoy this ceviche recipe as much as we did! Dovidenia. XO
If you love Mexican cuisine you will love a few of these other recipes as well: