As seasons change different foods tempt our pallets and minds as we ponder the menus that will grace our dinner tables. I CRAVE fresh and unique combinations of food in the Spring! What about you? Asparagus is a common Spring side dish and is one of the simplest to prepare! I wanted to craft a side dish for you all that was DELICIOUS, healthy and fast to make! This Asparagus with Balsamic Tomato Sauce is packed full of flavor and nutrients and can be ready and to your table in less than 10 minutes start to finish!
Asparagus was always this weird “grass like” vegetable that quite honestly freaked me out as a kid! I could not see how people ACTUALLY ate it, BUT this recipe has changed the way I think of asparagus and even my kids enjoy it!
Asparagus with Balsamic Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound of a fresh bundle of asparagus
- 1/2 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tbsp herb goat cheese
- drizzle balsamic glaze (optional)
- Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
My Spring berry salad would also go beautifully with this side as well as your favorite entree. Don’t miss this light and yummy cheesecake as a perfect finishing touch to your Easter meal.I hope you all have a blessed Spring! Dovidenia. XO
*Thank you Cooking Light for this inspiration.