This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlayWithPlaymobil #CollectiveBias
As a mom of many little ones, while also trying to be a good wife and run a business, spending quality time with my kids can be a challenge. The list of “to-dos” is endless the exhaustion is real, and the day never feels long enough! Often you can find yourself pushing through life without truly ‘living” it. That is where quality time comes into play. I want to share the reasons quality time is so essential, and creative ways to get more of it in your life! Here are 5 creative ways to spend quality time with your kids.
Every mom is different and will be drawn to how they engage in quality time with their kids differently. I am first and foremost an extremely creative person who values this characteristic thus often what I do with my kids involves creativity.
Because of this we were thrilled at the opportunity to partner with PLAYMOBIL toys for this post! They are a family classic and are now NEW to Walmart! We love being able to find quality toys at a convenient retailer for a great price. You can find them in the toy aisle.
We chose the PLAYMOBIL Take Along Fire Station and all my kids LOVE it so much and are entertained for hours! As a mom I love how this toys brings imaginative play to life from real world iconic figures to fantastical ones. When you have a toy that helps develop both cognitive and social/emotional skills you know you have SCORED!
YOU can learn more for yourself, just hover over the image below to see more information about these PLAYMOBIL toys and to purchase them at Walmart!
Before I share some ideas for creative quality time let’s be reminded of just WHY it’s so important we make this a priority.
Two main reasons to make more time for quality time with your kids:
- Kids spell “LOVE” “T-I-M-E”. Often the best way to confirm love is offering your undivided attention. My kids ask for it, I schedule it with them, it’s such an important part of savoring the simple moments with them that make such a big difference in in our lives.
- Quality time with the kids means “time out” for YOU. Often the act of spending focused time with your kids forces you to unplug from the hecticness of life and plug into THEM and SLOW down. This fills us back up as parents and gives us some time of decompression from the “adulting” life requires of us.
Now that we are motivated to make quality time a priority not only for our kids to feel more loved but for even our own self-care, lets delve into creative ways to achieve this.
5 Creative Ways to Spend Quality Time with Your Kids
- Sneak out on an outdoor get-away and do a scavenger hunt such as this gratitude scavenger hunt. It is a great way to learn more about your child, teach them and soak in nature together.
- Cook together. I have come to really enjoy cooking thus I love to involve them if they are willing. They are always interested in decorating cookies and this is the simplest example. If your kids are not interested in helping in cooking, they can be your “recipe judge”. My oldest loves this! I cook new recipes and he plays judge by giving me ratings. He loves this and finds pride in his role as my recipe judge.
3. Create art. We do a lot of painting and drawing in our house. Instead of buying a new birthday or holiday card I store blank cards made for painting that serve as a perfect project. Often, I draw images they ask and they paint them. They have watched my love for art through the years and seem to enjoy joining in this together.
4. Creative play. Find toys your kids love that not only entertain them but encourage creativity and imagination. We love all the PLAYMOBIL toys at Walmart right now because they do just that! They are high-quality and have strong attention to detail which offers more opportunity for you to explore and get creative with your child! We loved playing with our set and throwing some crafts from our craft room on the the play room floor as well. My son soared over his made up jumps and drove through the town he placed his set on! He just loved all the pieces and parts that made up his set which just inspired him more! Get inspired and collect all the play sets here!
5. Pretend together. We have created so many memories together doing this. You can create games outdoors, build a fort and pretend you are on a camp out, play kitchen and take orders…the options are endless. The point is you enter their world and leave your chaotic one behind for a time. It’s a wonderful way to connect.
I hope these 9 Creative Ways to Spend Quality Time with Your Kids inspires and motivates you to express your LOVE to your kids more with time that makes memories that last forever. Dovidenia. XO