What is one of the simplest most enjoyed dishes you make in your home for your family? I make a lot of things but pasta dishes is one of my “go-to” recipes that I know with confidence will be eaten by everyone even my youngest. My Vegetarian Marinara and Angel Hair Pasta is a perfect recipe to sneak in those antioxidants that can be so hard to consume not only for yourself but your children as well.
What I loved about the Ragu Homestyle Marinara Sauce I used was that the ingredients were so simple as if homemade that I felt good about using it to make this dish. Often as mothers time doesn’t allow for all the homemade things we would love to make. This product is an example of one that’s is looking out for us moms and meal makers, saving us time but not holding back on quality. Let me show you what I did to jazz up a “blah” pasta dish with color and healthy antioxidants.
- Ragu Homestyle Sauce
- Bell peppers red and green
- Sweet cherry tomatoes
- Sweet onions
- Garnishing: Parmesan, fresh basil leaf diced and diced olives
- Balsamic reduction
- Cook pasta per box directions. Strain. Set aside with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Dice all vegetables as listed above and saute on high heat in a pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over sauteed vegetables then remove from heat.
- Warm Ragu on stove in pan for 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Place pasta on plate, top with sauce, add balsamic vegetable mix, and top with garnishes.
I love it when I can find ways to sneak more vegetables into my little ones mouths. I hope this recipe helps you to achieve the same daunting task. RAGÚ Homestyle is thicker and heartier so it hugs pasta perfectly and can hide those veggies better (wink).
Thanks to a bold combination of vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs, you won’t need to doctor these sauces up at all if you choose. The other convenient option is the ability to just heat and serve straight from the jar.
There you are friends, happy, healthy yumminess with a side of simplicity! Dovidenia. XO