This post brought to you by Carando®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Simple Acres.
I am in heaven! Fall weather is upon us which means all things cozy and yummy! I have been having fun decorating my home with Fall decor and filling my home with the aroma of comfort food for my family. My Potato and Kale Soup is a classic that is simple to make and satisfying to the belly! Let’s dig in.
What I love about this entree, besides it’s simplicity of course, is the wholesome ingredients it includes. There are a few star ingredients I love. The first is kale. Kale is a great source of fiber, vitamin A, C, K, folate and omega 3 fatty acids just to name a few. Secondly, potatoes can get a bad reputation but really they offer a lot of wholesome goodness. Did you know that potatoes also offer wonderful water soluble vitamins as well as minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc? Lastly, the sausage I use is a fresh authentic Italian sausage that is delicious! Balanced eating means there is always room for decadent food in moderation. With that being said let’s get to cookin’.
Potato and Kale Soup Ingredients:
- 4 Organic russet potatoes, chopped
- 4 small organic red potatoes, chopped
- 3/4-1 cup of coarsely chopped pearl onions
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1 package of Carando® Italian Meatballs
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- 1 pint of organic whipping cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup kale
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits or diced cooked bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with parsley
Potato and Kale Soup Instructions:
1. Cook meat balls in skillet over medium heat with a few teaspoons of olive oil until golden brown and cooked through the inside. Check by cutting one in half after roughly 5-8 minutes.
2. Set cooked meatballs aside.
3. Add all ingredients into the soup pot in exception to salt, pepper and parsley. Place cooked meatballs in soup pot as well. Cook over low to medium heat for roughly 45 minutes to a few hours depending on the temperature you cook it on. The final product will have potatoes that are somewhat firm but easy to cut with a fork.
4. Once soup is done season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley.
There you have it friends, a delicious and hearty Potato and Kale Soup to warm you up this Fall.
To find the delicious meatballs in this Potato and Kale Soup, go to your favorite Kroger store. You will find them in the fresh meat section. What is great about Carando Recipes is they use authentic Italian ingredients to craft their Italian Meatballs. The Taste of Italy is a fun event, in-store from September 17 – 24th that focuses on Authentic Italian Flavors as well as Carando® Italian Sausage and Meatballs and Carando® Charcuterie items. These meatballs are not only wholesome and delicious but simplify the making of this meal.
I wish you a cozy and yummy Fall season full of love, life and simplicity! Dovidenia. XO