Summer is not over yet and I intend to SAVOR every drop. If you have not had s’mores yet this summer this is your chance to eat some up in a new way! This recipe was originally shared on Your Modern Family. This would be the perfect recipe for that last weekend of Summer and camping or just a relaxing evening at home. My Homemade Chocolate Cookies with Toasted Smores Dip is a simple, yummy and enjoyably messy treat you will love! Get ready to get messy and gooey and sweet.
How do you like to roast your marshmallows? I always loved them slightly lit on fire and burnt crisp on the outside as a kid. Now as a mom I was looking for a new way to serve toasted marshmallows in a way that didn’t require a blazing fire. My Homemade Chocolate Cookies with Toasted S’mores Dip is perfect. You will have many little fingers begging for more.
- Crushed Graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp melted chocolate
- Ritz crackers
- Melted chocolate chips 1/2-1 bag depending on the amount you want (1 bag will make a little over 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers. )
- Graham cracker crumbles
- Melt chocolate chips in pan on low heat. This takes roughly 3-5 minutes. Stir regularly. It should have a smooth appearance such as pudding.
- Dip Ritz crackers in chocolate with tongs. Lay on wax paper. Sprinkle with graham crackers crumbles. Place in fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
3. Place marshmallows in skillet And place in oven at 350 degrees. I let mine bake for roughly 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking.
4. Drizzle marshmallows with leftover melted chocolate and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbles.
5. When ready to serve bring cookies out promptly from fridge and serve with dip.
This dip is a fun, gooey and messy treat the whole family will enjoy! My kids were so excited to try it and it was an absolute hit!
Enjoy my friends! I encourage you to savor great food while you cherish the special moments with your loved ones this summer! If you enjoyed this you will love my Summer Peach Cobbler or even my Simple Cherry Cheesecake. Dovidenia. XO
A perfect cast iron skillet for this recipe is pictured with link upon click below (affiliate link).
I would love for you to join in the journey of simplicity and delicious food with me on my Instagram where you get a more personal place to share life, be inspired and be the first to know of new posts and creativity coming to the blog!