This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
We are so excited for Summer here at Simple Acres! To start the Summer off right we are planning an end of school year party followed by a family movie night. Do you need some fun ideas to celebrate Summer with your family? I have some inspiration to offer as well as an awesome deal that can provide FREE MONTHLY MOVIES for your family!
Let’s kick off the Summer right by letting the kids enjoy outdoor fun and stay up late for a movie night full of fun, food and memory making. This post is full of Summer recipes, Summer bucket list ideas (free PRINTABLE) and SO MUCH MORE!
The perfectly cool early mornings where I run and reflect by the water and the warm evenings spending time in the garden and watching the kids play is here and calling my heart. Summer is three months of loving on my family and making memories. What I do each year as I ponder the beginning of Summer is make a list of all the memories I want to create with my family through fun activities. What are the things that you want your children to remember about their Summers with you?
Inspiration for kicking off Summer right is listed below. Whether you do them all in one day as we plan to do in a Summer party and family movie night or you spread these activities out through the Summer is up to you.
Here are fun ideas for celebrating Summer with your family:
- Water. Where we live, it is EXTREMELY hot. Water is the most simple ingredient to fun. Slip and slides, water balloon and water gun fights will never disappoint your kids. We will be starting by cooling off with plenty of water!
- Creativity: Art and teaching my kids creativity is so enjoyable to me. My simple Tie Dye Shirt DIY is a perfect craft my kids look forward to every Summer. This activity is simple and can be made in just a few minutes which makes it perfect for kids young and old.
- Play and Quality Time: I encourage imagination and screen free play most Summer nights. I can often be found marching around our farm with my kids as we pretend and imagine magical lands as we laugh and soak in the late Summer nights. Quality time.
4. Family Movie Nights: Once the sun goes down it is perfect timing to put up our little tent outside and snuggle up in blankets. What is even better is the ability to stream a movie you have been dying to watch FOR FREE every month right on your own TV!
5. Yummy Food: I chose an array of sweet (fruit, chocolate covered Acai, small cookies) and salty (nuts, light meat sticks, pretzels and popcorn) snacks served with organic milk (because that negates the less healthy options…HA) for my kids. Serving foods in fun and new ways seems to make kids think it is all the more fun! I found these awesome vintage snack trays at the thrift store for 30 cents each (Yes, I bought every SINGLE one there was.) They are perfect for each family member to load their treats on. Here are some other recipes you may enjoy this Summer: The Best Peach Cobbler, Homemade Guacamole, Strawberry Spinach Salad, and BBQ Chicken Salad.
So I mentioned FREE MOVIES. Let me share the details to how you can enjoy this while utilizing a service you likely already need this season!
We have been able to experience the benefits of the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan this year and simplifying our family time greatly. The Walmart Family Mobile PLUS features Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE data PLUS a free movie on VUDU (new release rental $7 value) every month per line for ONLY $49.88.
The phone we are using to reap all the benefits is the Cool Pad Rogue. It only cost $19.88 (Rollback from $39.83) and even is a touch screen and can take pictures which is a perfect starter phone for kids.
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/3edbv or your local Walmart for current pricing.
For more Summer fun inspiration check out this fun activity to do with your kids, Tie Dye Shirt DIY:
Some simple Summer yummy such as my Amazing Peach Cobbler: