This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and the Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #StartYourYearRefreshed #CollectiveBias
A fresh start is always a good thing! Whether it is a new year, week or day starting off refreshed with a healthy diet is a perfect way to start. My Asian Coconut Sesame Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is the perfect balanced light meal packed full of healthy nutrients.
What I enjoyed about this new recipe I put together was its simplicity all while experimenting with new ingredients such as pureed ginger and lemongrass paste. It was so convenient shopping at Safeway where I found EVERYTHING I needed for my Asian Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette.
- head of iceberg lettuce
- coleslaw mix
- sweet baby bell peppers diced
- handful slivered almonds and handful of wonton strips for garnishing
- a few pinches of diced cilantro for garnishing
Coconut Sesame Chicken:
- 6-8 oz chicken tenderloin pieces
- 1-2 eggs for dipping
- breading (1/2 cup panko breading, 1/4 cup coconut, 1/8-1/4 cup sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup Simply Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, may add a little more to your taste
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 pea size drop of lemongrass paste
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1Tbsp diced cilantro
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 full lime squeezed for juice
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
Coconut Sesame Chicken:
- Mix panko, coconut and sesame seeds in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and leave in separate bowl for dipping.
- Dip defrosted chicken in beaten raw eggs and then dip and coat with breading mix from step 1.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until coating is golden brown and internal temp is at least 165 degrees.
- Once cooked set aside to cool briefly until you can handle them to slice them.
- Toss all ingredients in bowl in exception to garnishings.
- Set aside.
- Whisk all ingredients listed in mixing bowl.
- Add more vinegar, salt, pepper or honey to your taste as you are making it.
WATCH THE VIDEO below to see a quick tutorial on the cooking process! Place your salad mix in a bowl, top with sliced breaded chicken, top with slivered almonds, wonton strips and citrus vinaigrette and enjoy!
There you have it friends, a delicious and light meal to refresh and start new any day, moment or meal of the week!
You can find the Simply Orange juice in the juice cooler section. The fresh cut fruit is in the produce section and if you are looking for a great beverage to enjoy during the day such as vitaminwater or something to power an intense workout such as POWERADE, those can be found in the cooler/ beverage aisle in your local Safeway. I found my grocery stop so convenient as the one-stop-shop for everything I needed.
A great offer I must mention! Right now if you buy $15 worth of participating items you will get $4 off your Fresh Cut Fruit via Catalina. You will find the $4 off on your receipt as a coupon/credit for your next purchase of Fresh Cut Fruit!
I hope you enjoy my Asian Coconut Sesame Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette ! What is great is by make a bit larger batch as this recipe describes, leftovers can be used as an easy lunch the next day. You could eat it as a salad or place it in a wrap for something new. You may also like my Strawberry Spinach Salad or BBQ Chicken Salad as well.
Cheers to fresh starts every day with nutrition that nourishes the body from the inside out! Dovidenia. Xo